Kathryn Goetzke – Teaching Hope to Overcome Depression
Kathryn Goetzke is an entrepreneur, strategic consultant and global depression advocate. She is the entrepreneur and innovator behind Mood-lites™, a brand that achieved over 35 million dollars in retail sales. As her role as Chief Mood Officer at The Mood Factory, she is committed to getting people into the present moment through her new line of product based on how scents impact moods, and 21 Day courses teaching habits of how to live a positive, engaged, productive life.
Ms. Goetzke is most proud of her work for Hopeful Minds, a program iFred developed to teach Hope to kids based on research it is a teachable skill. As hopelessness is the primary predictor of suicide and #1 symptom of depression, learning how to create, maintain, and grow a hopeful mindset is critical to prevention of anxiety, depression, and suicide. iFred sees Hope as a Human Right and is committed to making it free and available to all.
In this episode, we explore the advocacy of this ray of sunshine, Katherine Goetzke, as she continues to spread her mission in battling anxiety, depression, suicide, and other mental health issues. And equally important, the critical role of developing a hopeful mindset to prevent the onset of these mental health illnesses.
What You'll Learn
- All about the Mood Factory. Their mission, products, and services to help you live a positive, engaged, and productive life.
- The resources available from the hopeful mind's organization to students, educators, and parents to help find and maintain hope even in the most trying times. Thus, reducing overall suicide attempts in youth.
- Useful tips to manage anxiety and overcome depression.
- And much more!
“Charities and mental health we're using a lot of negative sad imagery, language around mental health. And I thought, well, first of all mental health needs a rebrand. - Kathryn Goetzke
For More Information:
Stay Involved With The Optimistic Advocate
Do you want to hear stories of inspiring advocates who help individuals and families make positive changes in their lives in communities across the globe? And maybe bring you a bit closer to recognizing your full potential as an advocate for change. Then listen and subscribe to The Optimistic Advocate podcast. Enjoy each episode!
- Follow Scott Bryant-Comstock on LinkedIn.
- Join our LinkedIn community.
- Let us know what you think! Send an audio file with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and remember to share it with your podcasting friends.