Bonita Gibb on Innovations in Rural Mental Health and Personal Self Care
Bonita Gibb is the Social Marketing Coordinator of the Otsego County System of Care in upstate New York. Aside from her proven track record as a professional and an advocate, she is also a loving wife and a mother of a teen daughter.
In this episode, Bonita shares her journey with the organization and the rural community that they are serving. Their way of adaptation to the current pandemic to address the needs and deliver services to families, youth, and schools. She imparts useful tips on how to maintain good mental health and practicing self-care.
What You'll Learn
- The collaborative effort of mental health advocates and all of the system partners and community partners who are involved in making a difference for Otsego County.
- The programs and resources provided to the people of Otsego County to help them overcome the hurdles caused by the current pandemic.
- Practical tips on self-care and supporting your mental health.
- And much more!
“The biggest thing is to not be afraid of your emotions. Just don't live there. And if you need to take a day to just sit on the couch and stare at all of your Netflix choices, that's fine. Just don't make it more than a day set, a time limit.” - Bonita Gibb
Stay Involved With The Optimistic Advocate
Do you want to hear stories of inspiring advocates who help individuals and families make positive changes in their lives in communities across the globe? And maybe bring you a bit closer to recognizing your full potential as an advocate for change. Then listen and subscribe to The Optimistic Advocate podcast. Enjoy each episode!
- Follow Scott Bryant-Comstock on LinkedIn.
- Join our LinkedIn community.
- Let us know what you think! Send an audio file with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and remember to share it with your podcasting friends.