Melanie Funchess – A Personal Journey Through Advocacy
Melanie Funchess is an advocates advocate. She leads community engagement for the Mental Health Association in Rochester. A large part of her work is to make connections with diverse communities, bringing them together with the ultimate goal of strengthening the fabric of services and supports that are provided to the good people of Rochester.
In this episode, we delve into the personal journey of Melanie and her history as an advocate that goes all the way back to childhood. We're going to who Melanie is, how she got into this work, and what motivates her to do the advocacy work she does.
What You'll Learn
- The inspiring journey of Melanie Funchess as an advocate.
- All about the Black Lives Matter Movement and the importance of addressing the issue of racial injustice.
- And much more!
“People are fickle. People will love you today and hate you tomorrow. But the one thing is true. There will be children every single day who need us. There will be families every single day who need us.” - Melanie Funchess
Stay Involved With The Optimistic Advocate
Do you want to hear stories of inspiring advocates who help individuals and families make positive changes in their lives in communities across the globe? And maybe bring you a bit closer to recognizing your full potential as an advocate for change. Then listen and subscribe to The Optimistic Advocate podcast. Enjoy each episode!
- Follow Scott Bryant-Comstock on LinkedIn.
- Join our LinkedIn community.
- Let us know what you think! Send an audio file with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and remember to share it with your podcasting friends.