Innovative Advocate Solomé Tibebu Leads New Mental Health Initiative
Solomé Tibebu is the Director of the Upswing Fund. She is leading the effort to provide timely resources to organizations that focus on the mental health and well-being supports to adolescents of color and/or LGBTQ+ in the United States—populations that face urgent needs during the pandemic but too often lack access to the care they need. Funding for the effort comes from Pivotal Ventures, a personal investment and incubation company founded and led by Melinda Gates.
In this episode, apart from learning about the incredible funding opportunity available to mental health providers who focus on adolescents of color and LGBTQ youth, we also learn about the amazing Solomé Tibebu, who leads the effort.
What You'll Learn
- Pivotal venture's efforts to fund an act that serves as COVID response to the needs of the service providers who are delivering mental health and well-being support to adolescents of color and LGBTQ youth.
- More resources on mental health and well-being available to adolescents of color and LGBTQ.
- Tips on taking care of your mental health base on Solome's lived experience.
- And much more!
“I do hope that as an industry, we can recognize that the service providers are people too. And we have to make sure that they're getting the care and support they need every day as they navigate with impacted budgets as a result of COVID.” - Solomé Tibebu
For More Information:
Download the Overview for Grant Applicants!
Pivotal Ventures – A Melinda Gates Company
The Upswing Fund for Adolescent Mental Health
Going Digital Behavioral Health Tech Summit
Surviving Anxiety: Solomé Tibebu at TEDxTC
ReThink Behavioral Health Innovation
Stay Involved With The Optimistic Advocate
Do you want to hear stories of inspiring advocates who help individuals and families make positive changes in their lives in communities across the globe? And maybe bring you a bit closer to recognizing your full potential as an advocate for change. Then listen and subscribe to The Optimistic Advocate podcast. Enjoy each episode!
- Follow Scott Bryant-Comstock on LinkedIn.
- Join our LinkedIn community.
- Let us know what you think! Send an audio file with your comments to email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you and remember to share it with your podcasting friends.